27 May 2010

Skincare Guide: Part 2: Cleansers

Hey everyone! This is my second part to my skincare guide. I know it's pretty basic, but I hope that it can be of some use to you :).


So, we discussed different skin types, so the most basic thing in skincare is a cleanser. There are now various types on the market, and I know it can be overwhelming.


For dry skin, I personally would recommend cream based cleansers. Mostly because, it's less drying, and works just as well as other types. From experience, I found that Superdrug do great skincare products. So you might be able to try the Vitamin E Cleanser & Eye Makeup Remover, RRP £2.49. Just, try to opt to something soothing and rich with moisture. Also, Simple Moisturising Foaming Face Wash could be good :D.


Also, one for sensitive skin, is Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion. I'd suggest for sensitive, to avoid soaps, unless they're created for sensitive skin. I'd imagine that soap + sensitive skin = reactions! It costs around £3 from your local Superdrug or Boots.


One for combination skin could be Nivea Visage Young Wash Off Gel, £4.99 or Nivea Visage Gentle Face Wash Gel, £3.29. I'd say that amongst combination skin, cleansing gels are very popular. (I use one myself ;)). The Nivea Visage Young Wash Off Gel also doesn't contain any oil, so it could be good for oily skin too.


A good selection from Supedrug is the Superdrug Clarity range, with the Supedrug Deep Action Daily Cream Wash at £2.49. Also Simple (they do quite a lot!) have a Simple Oil Balancing Wash for £4.19.


If you have any questions or comments I would love to hear them :)

No comments: